Let’s be honest, Southerners know how to host a party, barbecue, or a holiday event…and Independence Day soirees are no exception! But a true Southerner also knows how to throw a party with style, class, and true hospitality. If you are hosting a Fourth of July party this year, I have pulled together some inspiration for throwing the quintessential southern summer get together. (Clockwise from top left)
1. A striped sailor top gets added flair an oversized red poppy pin by EmersonMade. This brand puts a fresh, modern spin on classic American style.
2. Whether in your backyard, at the pool, or at a local restaurant, any event you are hosting gets an instant face-lift with a printed menu. Create and print yours at home or use a local print shop and then place one at each seat for an elegant touch.
3. Paper lanterns and tons of outdoor string lights are a must for any outdoor summer party.
4. Simple and festive tomato-mozzarella mini sandwiches are easy to make and serve. Add a patriotic ribbon to dress up these simple bites.
7. Serve this watermelon cooler with a red-striped straw to keep guests cool.
8. End the day and keep the kids satisfied with these playful, bright blue candy apples, a fun take on a classic American dessert.
No matter where you are hosting your summer party this Fourth of July make sure you show some true Southern hospitality by throwing a get together full of American style, tasty treats, and strong drinks!