For its 10th anniversary, Taste of Atlanta brings the culinary creativity to a new level. Featuring city favorites, novel newcomers and global eateries, the street festival welcomes more than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite dining destinations this Saturday, Oct. 22 and Sunday, Oct. 23 in Tech Square. With gourmet grub from the city’s most renowned restaurateurs, live cooking demos and more, Taste of Atlanta is the ultimate ticket to palate-pleasing fun this fall.
More than 80 of Atlanta’s favorite restaurants and most exciting chefs will serve up their specialties at this year’s festival. From international cuisine to under-the-radar eats, Taste of Atlanta spotlights the incredible energy and diversity of Atlanta’s shining food scene.
The landmark celebration combines festival favorites and new experiences:
• Barcraft Competition – It’s back! Guests can channel their inner mixologist and sample cocktails from
Atlanta’s best bartenders as they compete for the top spot. Open to VIP ticket holders only.
• Family Food Zone – Step right up for demos and cooking lessons from national and local chefs in an interactive environment. New for 2011, the Top Chef Kids Competition offers hands-on experience for
chefs in training.
• Inside the Food Studio – Experience the fascinating world of the professional chef to discover secrets
of the craft. Returning for its second year, this intimate experience is hosted by Tom Sullivan. Patrons will enjoy beverages and bites while learning valuable cooking skills and insight into the Atlanta restaurant scene. Whether highlighting tacos & tequila or burgers & boozy shakes, this behind-the- scenes look will offer unrivaled insight into the professional kitchen.
• Global Flavors International Stage – Go global with this worldly showcase, making its Taste of Atlanta debut. Top culinary talent from the city’s diverse international restaurant scene will demonstrate what goes into their signature cuisine.
• Home Plate Main Stage – This year, get ready for a throw down. Renowned chefs battle it out and go head-to-head on the main stage. These culinary craftsmen will tackle secret ingredients, themed challenges, unique recipes and more.
TASTE OF ATLANTA TICKET INFORMATION:
• General admission tickets (includes 10 taste coupons): $25 in advance; $35 at the gate. Kids ages 13
and under receive FREE admission (excluding taste coupons) when accompanied by a paid adult.
• VIP tickets (includes 15 taste coupons and access to Wine+Beer+Cocktail Experience): $75. A limited
number of VIP tickets are available, and the first 300 ticket holders each day will receive a festival gift
• Taste coupons are used to purchase food from participating restaurants. Menu items are valued at one,
two or three taste coupons. Additional taste coupons are sold in increments of 10 coupons for $10 or 20
coupons for $20.
• Tickets are sold at locations throughout Atlanta including Cook’s Warehouse and Ticket Alternative
outlets. Purchase online through Ticket Alternative. Advance tickets must be purchased by midnight, Oct. 22.