Friday, Oct. 4, was National Vodka Day. Yes – by the powers that be – vodka day for 2013 was blessedly put on a Friday. We’ve got a few ideas of things to do to celebrate this sacred day of clear, distilled goodness.
Czar Ice Bar in Buckhead is celebrating with $5 Russian Standard martinis from 7 p.m. – midnight on Friday. At 11:30 p.m., DJ Rapko from Q100 will be spinning cool tunes to accompany perfectly chilled cocktails. Czar is known for its homemade vodka infusions such as Krispy Kreme, cucumber, various fruits (we love the bluberry) and even candy! Guests can build their own flight with any of the distilled flavors, plus the sampling of four vodkas is served on a block of ice! Czar also serves tasty sushi in town to soak up the booze.
Want to play bartender at home? Our friends at Cathead Vodka have you covered. In addition to the wildly popular Cathead Honeysuckle Vodka, they’ve just launched Pumpkin Spice Vodka, as well as Pecan Vodka. Here are two recipes perfect for fall:
- 2 oz Cathead Pecan
- .5 oz Peach simple syrup (1 cup water:1 cup sugar // cut up peaches and add to boil)
- Top off with ginger beer
- Garnish: peach slice
- 2 oz Cathead Pumpkin Spice
- 4 oz Spicy Ginger Ale
- ice (small cubes)
- Garnish with a lemon twist
Click here to find a purveyor of this Cathead Vodka near you.
Alo, our pretty, Southern bartender lady — Arianne Fielder — as kind enough to share a few of her favorite vodka cocktails.
- 1 oz Cathead Honeysuckle vodka
- 1/2 oz strawberry syrup
- 1/4 oz lemon juice
- bubbles (we suggest prosecco)
Method: In a mixing tin add vodka, strawberry syrup and lemon. Shake with ice and strain into a champagne flute. Top with bubbly. Garnish with a lemon twist.
- 1.5 oz hangar one mandarin blossom vodka
- 1/2 oz of Monday Night Eye Patch IPA and honey reduction
- 2 oz black cherry juiceMethod: Shake ingredients with ice and strain into chilled cocktail coupe. Garnish with a sage leaf.
If you have any additional suggestions for National Vodka Day, let us know via Twitter @Pretty_Southern or in the comments section below.