Pretty Southern was privileged to attend a tasting of the new Antico Pizza at Avalon. We love the original Antico location in Atlanta’s Westside neighborhood so we were excited to see what the second location had in store. Owner Giovanni Di Palma truly has a talent for the tastiest pizzas not just in the South but in all of the U.S. His accolades include:
- The highest score in Zagat’s first-ever pizza survey of “Best Pizza in 23 U.S. Cities” – beating out New York City
- A Zagat Atlanta food score of 28 – making it the highest scored restaurant in the city
- The International “Top in Class” Award for the United States from the worldwide, two-day festival, the Festa Della Pizza in Salerno, Italy
- Named one of 12 New Pizza Classics by Food & Wine Magazine
- Best Italian Style Pizza by Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Antico Pizza Napoletana offers a menu of traditional classics and a few originals, including award-winning creations such as the Diavola. This is our personal favorite with spicy soppressata ham, chili oil, mozzarella cheese, and peppers that will light your mouth on fire. For a more tame yet tasty meaty option, the San Genaro with sausage is sure to please. And y’all can’t go wrong with a classic Magherita pizza.
Avalon is a beautiful new mecca of restaurant, retail and family fun goodness that is conveniently located in Alpharetta just off exit 10 on GA-400. The Avalon location has pizza for dine in or take-out. They also serve calzones. Unlike the original location, you can’t BYOB your drinks. However, there’s Peroni for beer and several wine options. There’s also sodas, Pellegrino, and other beverage choices. Plus for dessert, be sure to check out Cafe Gio next door for fresh gelato and cappucino.