As Captain Planet said, “By your powers combined…” big things happen to help the earth.
This Earth Day, April 22, Atlanta-based eatery Saltyard powers up with Athens-based brewery, Creature Comforts, for a beer dinner benefitting local non-profit The Farmer Fund. Atlanta’s favorite beer personality, Ale Sharpton, will be in attendance to host a raffle at the end of dinner.
Executive Chef Nick Leahy of Saltyard has put together a menu that even Captain Planet himself would want to enjoy.
- Hors d’oeuvres: Passed house-made Canadian bacon with Creature Comforts beer mustard on cheddar crackers paired with a Bibo Pilsner
- 1st Course: Otter Bay oysters with Emergence & Meyer lemon granita paired with Emergence Limited Release Blonde Ale
- 2nd Course: Charred local squash, herbed Atlanta Fresh Yogurt, Athena-chile-honey, boiled peanut gremolata paired with Athena Berliner Weisse
- 3rd Course: Pan-seared scallops, field pea and sweet corn succotash, country ham & tomato butter paired with Tropicália American IPA
- 4th Course: Pastrami-cured smoked pork cheek, Vidalia onion champ, porter glazed baby carrots paired with The Kings Ransom Baltic Porter
- 5th Course: Strawberry & rhubarb pie with Brettomatic pastry cream and toasted oat crumb paired with Brettomatic Pale Ale
Want to join the party? Tickets for An Earth Day Beer Dinner Celebration are limited and may be purchased online at Brown Paper Tickets. Cost is $69 per person plus tax and gratuity ($88 total) and includes dinner, paired beverages, and raffle entry. That’s an awesome night in the making! Dinner will be served on Friday, April 22, from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Can’t make it? Follow Pretty Southern on Twitter and Instagram to see us post pictures of this delicious dinner.
For more information, pleas call Saltyard at 404-382-8088. Guests must be 21+ to attend.