Just because you’re holding yourself to a holiday shopping budget doesn’t mean you can’t find fantastic gifts for the people in your life who deserve to be wowed. Here are an array of gift picks for under $50 from Southern Kitchen’s Associate Editor Mike Jordan that are available for purchase on their new online shoppe that features a variety of goods from well-known national brands and small niche brands, as well as artisans and makers from around the South.
Make sure to order asap for delivery by Christmas.
– December 2017 marks 100 years since Congress approved the first resolution to establish a nationwide prohibition of alcohol sales. That makes this holiday season a perfect opportunity to gift this set of two 11-ounce cocktail glasses with printed constitutional amendments. One memorializing the passage of the 18th Amendment, which banned booze sales. The other touting the 21st Amendment, which repealed Prohibition. By purchasing this set of two rocks glasses, your special drinking buddy will always be ready to celebrate being legally free to consume his or her favorite adult beverages, and may even invite you over for a pour, $28.
– These 5×9-inch wooden cutting and serving boards, which slightly vary in size due to their one-of-a-kind hand-crafting, provide a look of natural style when used to present party bites, and they make a perfectly-sized platform for cutting lighter portions of veggies, fruits and more. Even better? Each board comes preseasoned with mineral oil and protective and restorative board butter. This makes it beautiful and ready to use as soon as your giftee unwraps it, $35.
– Do you have friend or family member that loves mixology? Help them perfect their craft with this four-piece set. It comes in a clear, pre-wrapped gift box and includes a screw-on, copper-topped Mason jar cocktail shaker, honey simple syrup, and a few recipes to get started, including margarita-making instructions printed on a bar towel, $49.99.
– If a person loves cheese, sooner or later they’re gonna need a good cheese knife. Be the friend they deserve and purchase this Swiss-Army-Knife-inspired pocket knife. It has a cheese blade whose cutouts ensure limited cheese-sticking, a serrated bread blade and a handy corkscrew, because cheese and wine go together like friends and holiday gifts, $44.99.
– The neutral tones of this cylindrical handmade mug make it ideal for both women and men. Best of all, you know will use it year-round, whether for holiday egg nog or anytime coffee, $14.
Focused on delivering the best in eating, drinking and entertaining, visit Southern Kitchen and the Shoppe at Southern Kitchen at www.southernkitchen.com.
Finally, for other happenings around Atlanta, visit http://prettysouthern.com/.