After the 4th of July firework celebrations and backyard barbecues, fried chicken fanatics can keep the spirit of the holiday going with an All-American favorite, because this Friday, July 6th, is National Fried Chicken Day and City Winery has a mouthwatering, not-to-miss special to honor the occasion. One of the top selling dishes since its opening in 2016, over 15,500 pieces of fried chicken have been sold at City Winery – the restaurant, urban winery, private event space and intimate music venue located at Ponce City Market. Whether dining in the Barrel Room Restaurant or grabbing a bite to-go, Executive Chef Nick Anderson is serving up a National Fried Chicken Day special that includes 8 pieces of fried chicken, a quart of cole slaw, quart of potato salad, and 4 biscuits for $30.
City Winery’s Executive Chef Nick’s Fried Chicken Tips
- Make extra because it will be worth it.
- Brine the chicken, This is going to help keep it from drying out and keep it tasty.
- Fry the chicken at 300 degrees for 10-14 minutes to make sure that it is properly cooked reaching an internal temp of 160F.
- Bread the chicken twice. Bread it once, then let it become sticky, then bread it one more time before frying it.
Chef Nick’s Fried Chicken Brine Recipe
8 oz Buttermilk
1 Tablespoon Black Pepper
3 Tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 Tablespoon Adobo
1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
3 Tablespoon ap Flour
1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1 teaspoon Hot Sauce
3 oz Dill Pickle Juice
– Blend everything together in a bowl with a whisk and then pour over the chicken before breading and fry. Chef Nick suggests letting it sit for 12 – 24 hours.
– Use salt and pepper in the flour for the dredge. Put the first dredged chicken on a cookie sheet for an hour. After that hour, then dredge one more time and fry at 300 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
For more information, call (404) 946-3791, or visit citywinery.com/atlanta City Winery Atlanta is located at Ponce City Market, 650 North Ave NE, Suite #201, Atlanta, GA 30308.