It’s time to put the mixology skills to the test, because on Monday, May 13, 2019, imbibers around the world will be raising a glass to World Cocktail Day. Whether revelers prefer bourbon, rum, cognac or gin, toast to the occasion at home with these easy-to-follow cocktail recipes from Bistro Off Broad, STK Atlanta, TWO urban licks and The Shed at Glenwood.
Bistro Strawberry & Balsamic Martini
- In a cocktail shaker, add 1 strawberry, 4 sliced basil leaves, simple syrup and balsamic vinegar. Mull.
- Add ice and vodka. Shake vigorously.
- Pour into chilled martini glass using a double bar strainer.
- Garnish with strawberry slice and basil leaf.
Bistro Off Broad is located at 16 E Candler St, Winder, GA 30680 For more information, visit http://www.bistrooffbroad.com. Stay connected on Twitter at @bistrobroad, on Instagram at @bistrobroad, and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Bistro-Off-Broad-129399941013597/.
STK’s Not Your Daddy’s Manhattan
2.5 oz Bulleit Bourbon
.5 oz Fernet Branca
.5 oz Carpano Antica
3 dashes Angostura bitters
2 dashes Peychaud bitters
1 Luxardo Cherry
- Rinse martini glass with fernet branca.
- Add bourbon and vermouth into the mixing glass.
- Add ice, then stir and strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a Luxardo cherry.
For more information or to make a reservation, visit https://stksteakhouse.com/venues/atlanta or call 404-793-0144. STK Atlanta is located at 1075 Peachtree Street in Midtown Atlanta on the corner of Peachtree and 12th Streets in the 12th & Midtown development. Stay connected on Twitter and @eatstk #stkatlanta.
TWO Urban Licks’ TWO Punch
2 Parts fruity red wine
3/4 Part Silver Rum
3/4 Part Cognac
1/4 Part Pineapple Juice
1/4 Part Cranberry Juice
1/4 Blueberry Juice
1/16 Triple Sec or to taste
- Combine all ingredients and shake well.
- Garnish with Lime Wheel.
The Shed at Glenwood’s Empress
1.5 oz Empress Gin
.5 oz Fresh Lemon Juice
.5 oz Agave
1 dash egg white
1 oz Maraschino Liqueur
- Fill a glass with ice and combine all of the ingredients.
- Shake, pour and enjoy.