Atlanta foodies seeking a new year filled with good luck and prosperity should ring it in at Saltyard.
On Thursday, Dec. 31, the South Buckhead restaurant is hosting the “Feast for Fortune” New Year’s Eve dinner celebration featuring Executive Chef Nick Leahy’s special menu of dishes believed to bring good luck, prosperity and happiness in the coming new year.
Guests will choose from a menu of more than 20 small plates keeping in theme with traditional Southern new year’s staples such as pork, greens, and black-eyed peas paired with delicacies such as scallops, ahi tuna, and delightful desserts. The night will end with a balloon drop and midnight toast featuring a champagne cocktail made from local whiskey brand, American Spirit Whiskey. Additional á la carte items such as oysters on the half shell, a grand seafood platter, and petit bone-in-filet will also be offered at an additional charge.
Oysters and champagne for NYE? Let’s toast to that
Feast for Fortune Dinner highlights include:
- Slow braised pork belly with apples and sweet potatoes in a bourbon jus
- Eye of ribeye carpaccio served over arugula with a truffle vinaigrette and crispy parmesan
- Pan-roasted scallops with hoppin’ john in a parsley vinaigrette
- Ahi tuna tartare in a roasted garlic aioli with arugula pesto, pickled onion, basil, and crispy capers
- Squid ink linguine, squid, shrimp, scallop, shellfish cream, chili breadcrumbs
- Crispy Brussel sprouts, pecorino vinaigrette, toasted almonds
- Grilled lamb loin with harissa in a white bean puree
- Smoked pork croquettes over garlic grits in white gravy
- Braised greens and ham hock arancini in a potlikker gastrique
- Steelhead trout crudo, smoked caviar, lemon zest, sorrel, garlic chips
Featured Desserts are available for $7 each including tasty treats such as Meyer lemon polenta cake, pistachio ice cream, candied pistachios, or espresso pot de creme with whipped vanilla and chocolate dipped espresso beans.
The cost of the dinner is $59 per person for five courses and seating is extremely limited. Reservations should be made by calling Saltyard at 404.382.8088. Saltyard is located in The Brookwood building at 1820 Peachtree Rd. NW, Atlanta, GA, 30309.